CALL TO ARTISTS
Modern Tampa Bay Homes (MTBH) and the Warehouse Arts District Association (WADA) invite artists from St. Petersburg to submit works of contemporary art for a commission of seven (7) paintings for AD Lofts.
Description: MTBH is seeking to build a catalogue of artists who create contemporary art works and will select four (4) to six (6) artists from submissions to this call to artists. MTBH will give each buyer of its seven AD Lofts a credit of up to $3,000 to purchase an artwork from selected artists. Submissions will be representative of the artist’s body of work but not necessarily the subject of the commission (which will be left to the buyer's discretion). MTBH will feature the selected artists on its website, and host an exhibit at its headquarters of the artist’s work during Second Saturday Art Walk in May. AD Lofts buyers will be credited up to $3,000 for a work of art and will choose from the artists selected and then work directly with the artist to choose a painting from artist’s body of work. Warehouse Arts District Association will receive a 30 percent commission. For more on why Business Member MTBH's owner Richard McGinniss supports the arts, view this member profile here.
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Type: Contemporary painting or other 2D or 3D art that can hang on walls
- Eligibility: Members of the Warehouse Arts District Association in St. Petersburg, FL
- State: Florida
- Entry Deadline: 4/15/2020
- Requirements: Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 5
- Entry Fee: No entry fee but must be a member of the Warehouse Arts District Association. Join here.
- Membership. Submitter must be a member of the Warehouse Arts District Association. Join here. Resident of St. Petersburg, FL is preferred.
- Fill out Entry Form. https://forms.gle/5ucZFcKfqSXGr3F37
- Send 3 to 5 jpgs of your work to email@example.com. Please write in the subject line: MTBH-WADA Artist Call - Artist Last Name. Attached jpgs of your work and label them: ArtistLastName 1_Name of Painting, ArtistLastName 2_Name of Painting. Send all photos in the same email.
- Originality. Work must be 100% by the artist. Submissions should be representative of the artist’s style and body of work.
- Final Selection. MBTH will select from four (4) to six (6) artists from those who submit to this artist call. Selections will not be for a specific work but for an artist’s style. Announcement of selected artists will be made by April 30.
- Size. This commission is for a painting that will be hung on an open wall that is around 7 x 12 ft large. Suggested size of artwork that is ultimately commissioned will be a minimum of 3x6 ft and a maximum of 4x8.
- For Sale. Artwork submitted must be for sale. Commission to Warehouse Arts District Association is 30%.
- Submission Deadline: April 15
- Artist List Announcement and Email Notifications: by April 30, 2020
- Opening: Artists will be featured at MTBH Offices Selection Party at 2250 Central Ave during Art Walk on May 9, 2020 from 5-9 pm.
Rendering of AD Lofts residences, top photo, and location where the art would be hung, bottom photo.