St. Petersburg's Second Saturday ArtWalk presents over 40 galleries and studios in the Waterfront Arts, Central Arts District, The EDGE District of St. Petersburg, Grand Central District Association and the Warehouse Arts District coming together as one arts destination. This month’s ArtWalk celebrates the opening weekend of SPF15.
Download your map and start planning your evening!
Be the first to see new affordable works of art, as ArtWalk is Opening Night where many galleries and studios premiere new works. Some are only open on ArtWalk, and many offer demonstrations and refreshments. It’s impossible to take in the entire ArtWalk in one night! Plan to drive, walk, or take the trolleys to visit the districts of your choice.
Our free trolley shuttles will have an art guide on board talking about each venue on our one continuous trolley loop that goes from the 3rd Street and Central Avenue to deep in the heart of the Warehouse Arts District. You can park for free on 1st Ave N and 1st Ave S from 15th St to 30th Street. Additional parking will be available for trolley riders in the vacant lot at the Northeast corner of Central Avenue and 29th Street (Please note that this is NOT one of our trolley stops). In addition, venues with large free parking lots are Soft Water Studios, the Morean Center for Clay at the Train Station, the Clay Center of St. Petersburg, the Florida Holocaust Museum and the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum.
The Suncoasters, with the City of St. Petersburg and the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance developed the St. Petersburg Festival. SPF 15 will feature music, theater, fine arts and a wine and food festival, along with exclusive private events from September 10 through September 27, 2015.
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance, the Arts Association St. Petersburg Inc., the EDGE District, the Grand Central District, and the Warehouse Arts District associations coordinate St. Petersburg’s Second Saturday ArtWalk. The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance strives to be the community voice, the umbrella organization for the arts -- facilitating artists, arts organizations and creative businesses to work collaboratively; empowering the growth of the arts community, and driving arts-related economic development.
Browse, watch and purchase “Where Art is Made”!
Be on the lookout for one traditional red trolley and one white coach bus. Those will be your transportation for the evening.
Trolley starts here at 5pmCraftsman House Gallery
– 2955 Central Avenue - Unique, handmade art furniture on sale. The gallery features handmade clay, blown glass, jewelry, wood, furniture - all housed in an historic 1918 Arts & Crafts bungalow. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craftsman-House-Gallery/158706022997
Charlie Parker Pottery
– 2724 6th Avenue S. – Summer Of Fun. Fun demos and unique pottery for the home or garden, as well as great gift ideas. https://www.facebook.com/events/1592710867657779/
Zen Glass Studio
– 600 27th Street South - Enjoy live glassblowing, auctions, demonstrations and a gallery show of our newest creations. Featuring the works of Zen Glass artists Joshua Poll, Dave Walker, and Christian Zvonik. https://www.facebook.com/ZenGlassStudio
Funktionhouse Urban Lumber & Furnishings
– 562 25th St. S - Funktionhouse rescues local trees (normally headed for a chipper or the landfill), mill the trees on site, then create one-of-a-kind furnishings, lighting, and art pieces. See the latest wood slabs fresh off the mill, peruse new gallery items, or be inspired to create a custom furnishing of your own. https://www.facebook.com/Funktionhouse
Duncan McClellan Gallery
– 2342 Emerson Avenue South – "Minnesota Makers" featuring Thomas Maras and Todd Cameron, two young & accomplished glass artists coming to the Sunshine State from Minnesota. Maras and Cameron will begin their hot glass blowing demonstrations at 6:15pm. Maras’s work and is often described as a lava lamp landscape, created by layering color and a stippling technique. The pieces have vivid color with significant movement. Cameron blows glass and incorporates steel, iron, copper and bronze to create his unique mixed media pieces. http://dmglass.com/events/join-the-duncan-mcclellan-gallery-for-the-opening-of-the-glass-exhibition-minnesota-makers/
Clay Center of St. Petersburg
- 420 23rd Street South – Watch demonstration of throwing 100 lbs of clay on wheel. Meet our artists. https://www.facebook.com/ClayCenterofStPetersburg
Dazzio Art Experience Gallery & School of Art
- 535 22nd Street South - The opening of The Dazzio Museum of Holocaust Art. This exhibit will be a series of 25 paintings by Judith Dazzio. The paintings will make its permanent home at Dazzio Art, when not traveling on its worldwide tour. A must see for those interested in art & history. https://www.facebook.com/dazzio.art.experience?fref=ts
Soft Water Studios
- 515 22nd Street South - A 4000 sq ft warehouse space has been beautifully transformed into a fine art gallery and working studio space. Featuring a rotating fine art gallery of paintings, photography, pottery and sculpture by our diverse and talented resident artists. https://www.facebook.com/sws.art.art
Mga Sculpture Studio
– 515 22nd Street South - A commission driven sculpture facility that specializes in the design, fabrication and installation of sculptural objects in a variety of mediums from cartable materials to metal fabrication. Currently working on several large scale commissions for local private entities and across the country. https://www.facebook.com/MgaSculpture
Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum
– 2240 9th Avenue S. - “My Soul Looks Back: The Decades of Day Work Photographic Exhibit" showcases archival photos from the people who shared their stories about Black maids from the 1930's through the 1990's and the White families that employed them. Also included are contemporary portraits of each of the storytellers by award-winning photographer, Boyzell Hosey. This exhibit is a tribute to the sacrifices of women who worked hard caring for other people's families just to feed their own and in the process, helped to raise a nation. The evening will conclude with a Candlelight Vigil in the museum's Legacy Gardens - commemorating the lives of those who were at the forefront of the Civil Right's movement with stirring Gospel tunes from the era. https://www.facebook.com/WoodsonMuseum/timeline
– 909 22nd Street South – Splash of Sarasota: featuring six Sarasota-based artists. Tod Berrien, Arthur Dillard, Major Gladden, Barbara Mask, Jean McMurren, and Eleanor Merritt. Artist talk at 7pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/1471142506531089/
Morean Center for Clay
– 420 22nd Street South - Artists in Residents Show. New, exciting work from four new resident artists. https://www.facebook.com/CenterForClay
Richard Clark and Jim Corp - Five Deuces Galleria Building - 420 23rd Street South - Paper and paint, prints and canvas. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=739036012796403
Woodfield Fine Art Studio
- 5 Deuces Galleria Building, #3 @ 222 22nd St. S. - Several new pieces completed, and new portrait commissions in the works. https://www.facebook.com/woodfieldfineartstudio?fref=ts
Art Studio - 2135 3rd Avenue South, Unit #5, Five Deuces Galleria Garden Building. Featuring acrylic/oil paintings in impressionism, realism, and abstract styles by emerging artist Nancy Smrekar. https://www.facebook.com/nancysmrekar.artist
St. Petersburg Opera Company
- 2145 1st Ave South - Craig Petersburg has been a visual artist, designer and art educator for decades. He has exhibited and is collected in Europe and the United States. This exhibition of paintings and objet d'art will reflect the diversity of his visual vocabulary including: acrylic paintings, furniture and found objects. https://www.facebook.com/StPeteOpera
Trolley Starts Here at 5pmCreative Clay
– 1114 Central Avenue - 20th Anniversary with good art, good folk. New exhibit, Crossing the Bridge features collaborative paintings by the artists of Pyramid, Inc., in Tampa and Creative Clay. The exhibit celebrates diverse artistic voices transformed into shared narratives through the collaborative process. https://www.facebook.com/events/825308404244032/
Creative Soul Studio : Coffee, Wine, Art
Michele Tuegel Contemporary – 320 Central Avenue - Spilling Stories. To coincide with the exhibit “Spilling”, abstract expressionist paintings of local artist Judy Palaferro. Visitors have an opportunity to win a $100 gallery gift certificate by sharing their life’s most outrageous “spilling” moment. The best spill will win … whether a good spill, a bad spill, a funny or sad spill. https://www.facebook.com/MicheleTuegelContemporary/timeline
SHAPIRO'S Gallery – 300 Beach Drive NE. - Celebrating their 17th Birthday. Stop by and join in the celebration. Showcasing the finest in American made blown glass, jewelry, pottery, wooden boxes and sculpture. https://www.facebook.com/shapirogallery
Lynn Merhige Gallery – 216 Fourth St North - Featured artist will be painter Janet Aponte, whose specialty is brightly colored minimalist paintings. Also beautiful carved and sgraffito pottery by Robin MacKay and functional pottery by Chris Gallup. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Merhige-Gallery/146904772019134?pnref=story
Art on First – 550 First Avenue North – Cool Collections II ArtWalk. An Ode to All Things Wet: https://www.facebook.com/events/1692574464292621/
Florida CraftArt – 501 Central Avenue – “Uncommon Couture” Exhibition - fashion with a recycled twist and a trunk show featuring Spathose (https://www.facebook.com/events/545586028922597/), two artists creating fashion forward, industrial designs using sustainable, organic material. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Florida-CraftArt/352815711033?sk=timeline
The Art Lofts of St. Petersburg, FL – 10 Fifth Street North (upstairs) - A cool new exhibit showing new work by the 15 artists in Artlofts. Visit with all the artists in their working studios where you can see paintings, jewelry, sculpture and photography. https://www.facebook.com/artlofts
Graphi-ko Gallery/ Jewelry – 669 Central Avenue - Last night for Wild Out of the Box, an animal-themed show on canvas and cigar boxes to benefit local no kill animal shelter, Friend of Strays. Support local artists and a great local organization. https://www.facebook.com/events/836081123153955/
The Local COOP - 645 Central Avenue - Inside the Crislip Arcade. Featuring Gabby Haight of Gabby Haight Art. Gabbie will be applying beautiful, intricate henna tattoos, free with a purchase. https://www.facebook.com/TLCStPete?fref=ts
St. Pete Art Works - 635 Central Ave - "Abstract Ideas and Concrete Expressions: oil paintings and mixed media by Sam Harrison. Live entertainment by singer-songwriter Jacob Ferraro-Martin https://www.facebook.com/St.PeteArtWorks?fref=ts
Strands of Sunshine – 8 Sixth Street N – Featuring illustrator Alli Arnold for “A Fine Line”. Arnold's deceptively simple drawings engage and delight children and her cleverness and wit charm adults. Signed prints, cards, scarves, and other items will be available for purchase. https://www.facebook.com/events/1693335824222025/
Morean Arts Center – 719 Central Avenue – “Leave a Message 2”. The latest installment of art of the street. Graffiti art has a long and rich history in the United States, and the Bay Area is home to many artists who make their talents known in our streets. This exhibition highlights the works of some of them, complete with an entire graffiti wall. https://www.facebook.com/events/1630328803922222/
ARTicles Art Gallery & Custom Framing - 1445 Central Avenue – Surface Tension: New work by Nathan Beard and Nin McQuillen. Nathan Beard's new series of pastels on paper, Pond's Edge, depicts the commingling of water and plant life by contrasting celebratory gestures with a soothing color palette. Nin McQuillen's intimately scaled sculptures are a synthesis of line, shape and surface that evoke the harmony of standing stones and totems. With these bodies of work, both artists explore new media in pursuit of beauty. https://www.facebook.com/ArTiclesIncCustomFramingArtGallery/timeline
Art Central Studios - 2109 Central Avenue, 2nd Floor - A group of seven established visual artists - Bill Drugan, Kevin Nodland, Carol Dameron, Mary Grieco, Frank Lewis, Herb Snitzer, and Zala Highsmith. Look for the huge mural recently painted on our building's east wall. https://www.facebook.com/artcentralstudios?fref=ts
Grand Central Stained Glass & Graphics – 2401 Central Avenue - Autumn Glass Faire Over a dozen glass artists participating for this special fall event! Stained glass, fused glass, mosaics, jewelry and very exciting specialty items will be on display.
– 2425 Central Avenue - St Pete surrealist artist Giacomo Pittore will be unveiling his latest creations. Come check out his colorful and unique interpretations of life and its many oddities. . https://www.facebook.com/CreativeSoulStudio?fref=ts
Our partner associations also have great listings for art events!!
• Keep Saint Petersburg Local
• Grand Central District Association
• Historic Kenwood Neighborhood Association
Choose 4 or 5 to visit this Saturday then come back the next Second Saturday to visit more!