St. Petersburg's Second Saturday "Holiday Shopping" ArtWalk presents over 35 galleries and studios in the Waterfront Arts, Central Arts District, The EDGE District of St. Petersburg, Grand Central District Association and the Warehouse Arts District coming together as one arts destination.
Download your map and start planning your evening!
Be the first to see new affordable works of art, as ArtWalk is Opening Night where many galleries and studios premiere new works. Some are only open on ArtWalk, and many offer demonstrations and refreshments. It’s impossible to take in the entire ArtWalk in one night! Plan to drive, walk, or take the trolleys to visit the districts of your choice.
Our free trolley shuttles will have an art guide on board talking about each venue on our one continuous trolley loop that goes from the 3rd Street and Central Avenue to deep in the heart of the Warehouse Arts District. You can park for free on 1st Ave N and 1st Ave S from 15th St to 30th Street. Additional parking will be available for trolley riders in the vacant lot at the Northeast corner of Central Avenue and 29th Street (Please note that this is NOT one of our trolley stops). In addition, venues with large free parking lots are Soft Water Studios, the Morean Center for Clay at the Train Station, the Clay Center of St. Petersburg, the Florida Holocaust Museum and the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum.
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance, the Arts Association St. Petersburg Inc., the EDGE District, the Grand Central District, and the Warehouse Arts District associations coordinate St. Petersburg’s Second Saturday ArtWalk. The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance strives to be the community voice, the umbrella organization for the arts -- facilitating artists, arts organizations and creative businesses to work collaboratively; empowering the growth of the arts community, and driving arts-related economic development.
Browse, watch and purchase “Where Art is Made”!
This month we will two traditional red trolleys for the evening.
Trolley starts here at 5pmCraftsman House Gallery
– 2955 Central Avenue - Get a jump on unique, handmade jewelry and artwork for your Valentine. Specials on select jewelry and complimentary champagne punch with any gallery purchase. The gallery features handmade clay, blown glass, jewelry, wood, furniture,…all housed in an historic 1918 Arts & Crafts bungalow. Watch artists at work in the carriage house pottery studio. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craftsman-House-Gallery/158706022997
Charlie Parker Pottery
– 2724 6th Avenue S. – Join us while we welcome in the New Year with 20% off any purchase over $20. https://www.facebook.com/events/418974394958813/
Zen Glass Studio
– 600 27th Street South - Enjoy live glassblowing, auctions, demonstrations and a gallery show of our newest creations. Featuring the works of Zen Glass artists Joshua Poll, Dave Walker, and Christian Zvonik. https://www.facebook.com/ZenGlassStudio
Funktionhouse Urban Lumber & Furnishings
– 562 25th St. S - Rescues local trees (normally headed for a chipper or the landfill), mill the trees on site, then create one-of-a-kind furnishings, lighting, and art pieces. See the latest wood slabs fresh off the mill, peruse new gallery items, or be inspired to create a custom furnishing of your own. Also will include the ever changing and expanding vintage collections of Andrew Panton, owl-doreable paintings by Audrey Durham, massages, and card readings by Lori Lynn Budnick. https://www.facebook.com/Funktionhouse
Duncan McClellan Gallery
– 2342 Emerson Avenue South – Opening of "Into Eden", featuring works of world renowned glass artist Richard Jolley and his wife, Tommie Rush. Jolley is known for his larger than life size blown and hot sculpted figures and assemblages. Jolley will give a glass blowing demonstration between 6:15pm and 8pm. Jazz with the Ashwood Jazz Group will be playing between 8-10:00 pm on the gallery’s new sound stage in the covered courtyard. http://ow.ly/WojPL
Clay Center of St. Petersburg
- 420 23rd Street South – An ikebana exhibition, along with demonstrations of ikebana flower arranging. https://www.facebook.com/ClayCenterofStPetersburg
Dazzio Art Experience Gallery & School of Art
- 535 22nd Street South - Thinking Like An Artist: Each artist displays work that most represents his or her individual expression of style and technique. Also, see the Dazzio Museum of Holocaust Art. https://www.facebook.com/dazzio.art.experience?fref=ts
Soft Water Studios
- 515 22nd Street South - Featuring guest artist Carol Carter, an internationally known water colorist. Works will be exhibited by the resident Soft Water Studio artists. https://www.facebook.com/sws.art.art/
Mga Sculpture Studio
– 515 22nd Street South - A commission driven sculpture facility that specializes in the design, fabrication and installation of sculptural objects in a variety of mediums from cartable materials to metal fabrication. Currently working on several large scale commissions for local private entities and across the country. https://www.facebook.com/MgaSculpture
- 909 22nd Street South - Let Freedom Ring Artist tribute to Dr. King featuring 17 local and national artists, each submitting one piece of gallery wrapped 24” x 36”, or 24” x 24”. https://www.facebook.com/events/1528892807426839/
Morean Center for Clay
– 420 22nd Street South - Featuring the exhibition Florida Heat: Wood Fire. The exhibition showcases work by renowned artists John Balistreri, Josh Deweese, Chris Gustin and Matt Long. https://www.facebook.com/CenterForClay/timeline
Art Studio - 2135 3rd Avenue South, Unit #5, Five Deuces Galleria Garden Building. Featuring acrylic/oil paintings in impressionism, realism, and abstract styles. https://www.facebook.com/nancysmrekar.artist
St. Petersburg Opera Company
- 2145 1st Ave South - Gabriela Valencia, international artist residing in St Petersburg, exhibits her paintings inspired by the nature in Florida. Her paintings are in oil, acrylics and pastel. Prints of her paintings are also exhibited. https://www.facebook.com/StPeteOpera
Trolley Starts Here at 5pm
Creative Clay – 1114 Central Avenue - Celebrate the new year with Creative Clay's good art and good folk. The Peace Show features paintings from our folk art collection. The evening includes a free art making workshop, Mandalas for Peace, 5 –7pm. https://www.facebook.com/Creative-Clay-129582707070749/timeline
Michele Tuegel Contemporary – 320 Central Avenue - Opening reception to meet the artist. Cropped: Oil paintings by Brooksville, FL visual artist and painter Clovis Dean Rusk. A recently-completed body of work, with a sharp focus on the human figure and daily life.
The Gallery - 200 Central Ave. Suite 111 - Featuring the work of artists Shane Bowden, Jason Brueck, Jason Skeldon, Timothy Raines and more. Contemporary fine art in a selection of styles, sizes and mediums. Subjects range from abstract expressionism, limited edition pop prints, and sport lifestyle imagery. https://www.facebook.com/thegalleryart/?fref=ts
SHAPIRO'S Gallery – 300 Beach Drive NE. - Showcasing the finest in American made blown glass, jewelry, pottery, wooden boxes and sculpture. https://www.facebook.com/shapirogallery
Lynn Merhige Gallery – 216 Fourth St North - Add some clay work or paintings by gallery artists to your art collection. Reasonably priced and great way to spend that money you received over the holidays. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynn-Merhige-Gallery/146904772019134?pnref=story
Art on 1st – 550 First Avenue North – Featuring the Florida Artists Group show in addition to the Gallery’s represented artists. During the evening, Ronn Johnson will be working on handcrafted wine goblets, with vases available, special gifts for special people. https://www.facebook.com/Arton1st/
Florida CraftArt – 501 Central Avenue – “Role Models”, a collaborative ceramic exhibition with the Morean Arts Center. The exhibition showcases the work of seventeen clay artists, their mentors and those who they mentored. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Florida-CraftArt/352815711033?sk=timeline
The Art Lofts of St. Petersburg, FL – 10 Fifth Street North (upstairs) - January White Sale is all color. A colorful group show from the resident artists. https://www.facebook.com/artlofts
Graphi-ko Gallery/ Jewelry – 669 Central Avenue - Offering a large selection of unique items for men and women in all price ranges. Specializing in jewelry created on site, as well as brought in from around the world and artwork by local artists. https://www.facebook.com/Graphi-ko-Gallery-Jewelry-125300180883521/timeline
The Local COOP - 645 Central Avenue - Featuring art and handcrafted items from over 40 local artists and makers. The Mini COOP features all locally handmade children's items. https://www.facebook.com/TLCStPete?fref=ts
D-gallerie - 645 Central Avenue inside the Crislip Arcade. - Giving up-and-coming and mid-level career talent the spotlight to present unique, modern, and contemporary works from throughout Latin America and Tampa Bay. https://www.facebook.com/dgallerieusa/?fref=ts
St. Pete Art Works - 635 Central Ave - Featured Exhibition:"Passion for Color", Original paintings by Alan Metzger. Live music by singer songwriter Jun Bustamante. https://www.facebook.com/St.PeteArtWorks?fref=ts
Strands of Sunshine – 633 Central Ave – Surface Work, a solo exhibition featuring new encaustic paintings by Sue Woodall-Metas. Meet the artist and browse the rest of the shop, which carries a variety of locally made art, gifts, and home goods. https://www.facebook.com/StrandsofSunshine/timeline
Morean Arts Center – 719 Central Avenue – Role Models: A collaborative ceramic exhibition with Florida CraftArt. Also the annual student/instructor exhibition where instructors in various media will showcase their work side-by-side with their students. https://www.facebook.com/MoreanArtsCenter
ARTicles Art Gallery & Custom Framing - 1445 Central Avenue – Opening reception for the new exhibition Charles Parkhill: Rare Form. Parkhill's monumental sculptures made primarily of reclaimed materials embrace the color, grain, old paint, dents, scratches, and nail holes of its previous use while transforming them into remarkably harmonious and sublime forms.
Leslie Curran Gallery - 1431 Central Avenue: Opening reception for the new exhibition Charles Parkhill: Rare Form. Parkhill's monumental sculptures made primarily of reclaimed materials embrace the color, grain, old paint, dents, scratches, and nail holes of its previous use while transforming them into remarkably harmonious and sublime forms. https://www.facebook.com/lesliecurrangallery/?fref=ts
Woodfield Fine Art Gallery - 2253 Central Avenue #105 - The works of local artists Sean Alton, Nancy Smrekar, Melissa Harasz, Fred Woods, David Rule, Linda Southworth, and Jim Woodfield will be displayed. https://www.facebook.com/woodfieldfineartgallery/?fref=ts
Our partner associations also have great listings for art events!!
• Keep Saint Petersburg Local
• Grand Central District Association
• Historic Kenwood Neighborhood Association
Choose 4 or 5 to visit this Saturday then come back the next Second Saturday to visit more!